Friday, March 8, 2013

God Sees Me

Sometimes it seems like God has me in a holding pattern.  Maybe I need to grow some before He sends the next thing - I'm not sure.  But the last several years have felt like just that.  I keep doing what I know to do, and slowly growing, but wishing there was maybe a bit more excitement to it.

A few weeks ago, I remarked to a friend that it seemed like God had me entering a new life-phase, a more relational one.  God intends for me to be a part of His body not just through serving in the church, but in relationship to His people.  It seems like perhaps one of God's major goals in my life is that I learn to really actually love people.

Last night, God did something that astonished both me and my husband in the form of a ministry opportunity for him.  This morning I received a message from an acquaintance who'd found this blog, and wants to study the Bible together, through these posts.  God is moving.  Perhaps this next phase is beginning.

And so, after spending a few years feeling like I'm in a holding pattern, to I feel so closely and definitely God's eye on me.  And like Hagar in Genesis, (was she the only one in the Bible to deliberately give God a new name?  I kinda think so), I see God today as "God who sees" - El Lahai Roi (or however you spell it).

It's been three years since I've posted here.  Maybe it's time to start again.  I'd forgotten it existed, but it fits in nicely with where I am.  I'm reading the Bible, chronologically, in a year.  I'm in Numbers now.   

Join me, will you?  I'll post the passage (from youVersion.com) that I'm reading, and write my thoughts.  I think I'll even open up comments, until I start getting spam or starting arguments anyway.  Let's see what God will do.


1 comment:

  1. And some blog maintenance is in order too. Let's get rid of those ads, shall we? And figure out what's wrong with the comments?

    ReplyDelete