Sunday, March 10, 2013

Deuteronomy 5

what I remember:
Moses backs up in time (at least, if I remember things correctly), and goes to Mount Sinai and retells the ten commandments, and God writing them on stone.  The people heard God's voice in the fire on the mountain but were scared (I would be too - it sounds like Moses walked up in to the fire).  So they wsent Moses up in their stead to talk with God.  They promised that they would listen and obey.

key verse:
"Live the way the Lord your God has commanded you.  Then you will live and be successful.  You will live a long time in the land you will own.

about God:
"I, the Lord your God am a jealous God"  A person may sin against me and hate me.  I will punish his children, even his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  But I will be very kind to thousands who love me and obey my commands."  "The Lord our God has shown us his glory and majesty.  We have heard his voice from the fire.  Today we have seen that a person can live even if God speaks to him."  Interesting that they considered that automatic death.


No comments:

Post a Comment