Friday, March 12, 2010

Isaiah 23

what I remember:
This is the famous prophecy against Tyre, I think. Tyre is going to be torn down, never to be rebuilt in it's splendor. The peoples that live in Tyre will scatter. They'll have to plow along the Nile rather than making their living from the Nile (fishing, I guess). God's goal in planning this is to teach them not to be prideful -- humility. For seventy years, the lifetime of a king, Tyre will be completely forgotten. Then it will come back, as a prostitute. And everything she earns will be passed on to other.

key verse:
The LORD Almighty planned it, to bring low the pride of all glory and to humble all who are renowned on the earth.

about God:
Wow, God takes pride really seriously. I'm just starting to realize the great extent to which this is demonstrated in His word. I should do a word study on "pride" and "boast"....

No comments:

Post a Comment