Monday, January 18, 2010

Isaiah 12

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER!

I think it's a candidate for memorization.

what I remember:
Finally, God's anger is satisfied, and Israel turns to him in Thanksgiving, The trust in Him, knowing that He saved them , and they make His greatness and faithfulness and wonderful deeds known among the nations, leading them to praise Him too.

about God:
His anger doesn't last forever (v.1)
He is salvation (v. 2)
He is my strength and song (v. 2)
His name is exalted (v. 4)
He has done excellent things (v. 5)
He is the Holy One of Israel (v. 6)

Only six verses. Another great reason that this chapter is a good one to memorize.

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.


I will trust and not be afraid. This is difficult for me because my eyes see my circumstances more easily than they see my God. But reality is that God is my salvation (not money), and He is the one who preserves me.

Knowing this gives me joy and strength, fills me with song, and calls me to
Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; Make them remember that His name is exalted.
. This is exactly what I want to do. It's why I tweet the things that God gives us for free -- so that I can thank God, and exalt His name among others. It takes away my fear of financial ruin, because it reminds me that God is my Jehovah Jireh.

No comments:

Post a Comment